Our specialist team in the Minerals & Waste sector helps landowners:
- Ascertain the actual value of the mineral rights below the surface of their land
- Optimise that value by negotiating market-leading extraction terms with operators
- Establish a revenue source from the resulting void – when the extraction process is over
- Deliver site investigations to assess and manage risks from land contamination and ground constraints
The team, which includes geologists, surveyors, contaminated land engineers and sector specialists with deep personal knowledge of all the leading operators, has over 60 years of experience advising clients on geology and mineral property issues. We also specialise in the sustainable re-use of soils and production of secondary aggregates.
Our Minerals & Waste management team are well-connected, informed, and capable. In addition, as a firm, we have been working with farmers and landowners for almost 200 years - which is why we understand landowners’ issues, concerns, ambitions and personal preferences (such as tax strategies) when it comes to structuring the most appropriate financial arrangements for them.
Our extensive experience in the extractive industries includes:
- Sand & gravel
- Hard rock
- Masonry and walling stone
- Cementitious materials
- Recycled and secondary aggregates
The Minerals & Waste team works closely with other specialists across the firm to ensure that clients benefit from integrated and holistic property advice – one team, one plan, one goal.
To find out how we can help you, please call William Gagie with any enquiries you might have or complete our enquiry form, and we will get back to you directly.