At the heart of our service is a multi-disciplined team of qualified geologists, mineral property experts and surveyors who understand the real value of what lies below the ground, what is extracted and how to evaluate ‘after-use’ options to ensure an equitable outcome for landowners, operators and society.
Working seamlessly together, our Minerals Team has a proven track record of:
- Conducting land searches, feasibility assessments and geological site investigations
- Preparing contaminated land risk assessments, remediation options appraisals and remediation strategies
- Calculating mineral reserve assessments
- Option, lease and sale negotiations
- Managing quarry designs and developments
- Monitoring compliance with contractual and planning requirements
- Ensuring royalty payments are in line with lease agreements and managing royalty payment schedules
- Undertaking rent reviews and royalty negotiations
- Undertaking volumetric surveys and analysis to ensure the accuracy of extraction and landfill records
- Materials management support including sustainable re-use of soils and production of secondary aggregates with detailed knowledge of the CL:AIRE code of practice, waste exemptions and quality protocols
- Advising on post-restoration development opportunities
- Addressing compulsory purchase mineral compensation and sterilisation issues
- Providing Expert Witness support
- Undertaking valuations for bank security, company accounts and/or for financial and strategic planning purposes
Irrespective of whether our remit is a full management instruction, or an ad-hoc operational review and submission of recommendations, the service we offer is bespoke and tailored to each client’s specific land and geological profile, as well as their strategic goals.
Our team has considerable experience of:
- Sand and gravel
- Hard rock
- Cementitious Materials
- Recycled and secondary aggregates
- Inert landfill
Working with relevant specialists from across the firm, we have the skills, experience and expertise to manage the entire life cycle of mineral & waste management operations.
To find out how we can help your organisation meet your Minerals related plan please call William Gagie today or complete our enquiry form and we will get straight back to you.
The team also works closely with other specialist teams across the firm to ensure that clients benefit from integrated and holistic property advice – one team, one plan, one goal.