Every business plan and strategy we develop for your commercial assets is designed to meet your medium to long-term strategic and financial objectives - throughout the lifecycle of a project. To achieve this, we draw on our firm’s unique partnership of skills and experience.
Adopting a partnership philosophy with you, we work seamlessly together to implement agreed asset business plans. Our skill lies in our collective ability to:
- Understand and interpret legislative and regulatory developments – including the 2050 net zero legislation
- Respond to changes in occupational practices - consider the impact of hybrid working on occupancy requirements and space planning
- Anticipate operational expenditure - usually guided by Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes
- Develop repositioning strategies for assets and/or portfolios - to minimise risks associated with value and revenue generation and stranded assets
- Regularly interrogate, evolve and refine asset plans – in response to changing market dynamics
Our guiding principles, when developing a single Asset or Portfolio Business Plans include:
- Start by understanding the client’s perspective and their:
- Vision and ambitions for their asset/portfolio
- Strategic, investment, financial and operational objectives
- Undertake an asset/portfolio audit and detailed SWOT analysis to:
- Determine how compliant the assets are/will be with corporate and forthcoming decarbonisation and net zero policies
- Identify and analyse lease and occupancy data
- Address the assets’ operational efficiency
- This allows us to make informed recommendations and develop detailed and costed Asset Business Plans
- The Plans are regularly reviewed and updated which enables clients to optimise their assets’:
- Building performance – in terms energy efficiency, as well as occupiers’ safety and wellbeing
- Occupancy rates – including assessing the profile and financial wellbeing of tenants
- Management of current and anticipated capital works/costs
- Financial planning – in terms of funding capital works and optimising ROI
Our Strategic Asset Management framework enables clients to understand and plan the management of their assets and financial strategies for the immediate future, as well as for the next five, ten or twenty years.
To find out how we can help you take the guesswork out of asset management, please call James Routledge or complete our online enquiry form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
The Strategic Asset Management Team works closely with other specialist teams drawn from across the firm to ensure that clients benefit from integrated and holistic property advice – one team, one plan, one goal.