Who we are and what we do
Fisher German was established in September 2000 after the merger of Fisher Hoggarth and Germans with a history going back to 1830. Since then we have grown at an impressive rate; 16 offices across the UK with around 500 employees and partners. The firm’s strength is demonstrated by unprecedented growth throughout the recent economic downturn to an annual turnover of over £30 million (2018).
We operate nationally advising and managing a wide range of client portfolios on behalf of blue chip companies, pension funds, private landowners, utility companies, national charities, local authorities and government agencies. We are proud of the company we keep!
We have a national visibility across all the 6 property market sectors; rural, commercial, development, residential, utilities & infrastructure and sustainable energy. We have considerable resources to operate a localised approach to service delivery. We deliver a wide range of integrated chartered surveying, consultancy and estate agency services across each of those sectors.
Our Vision is to be the best at what we do as judged by our clients and colleagues.
We aim for simplicity in everything that we do.
We have pride in ourselves, our colleagues, our services, and our company.
We demonstrate commitment in everything we do.
We embody professionalism in our dealings with clients and colleagues.
We are entrepreneurial in our approach to servicing clients needs.
We empower our people, giving them the space to develop and grow in their roles.
Harry Cotterell: Chairman
Andrew Jackson: Managing Partner
Tim Shuldham: Deputy Managing Partner
Charles Meynell: Senior Partner
Andrew Bridge: Chief Operating Officer
Adrian Jones: Finance Director
We understand property and make it our priority to understand our clients and their needs.
We help our clients to prosper by building long-term relationships, listening and delivering exceptional service. Many of our solutions are digitally led as we recognise the importance of on-demand services to our clients as their businesses grow.
Our strong people culture is happy, vibrant and creative.
We work in an open transparent way; we are plain speaking.
Entrepreneurialism is encouraged, not stifled, to find better ways of demonstrating value for money.
We have a long track record of working collaboratively in partnership with others to ensure the overall customer experience is positive, productive and hassle free.
We have a robust governance structure to ensure consistent high-quality service delivery and a positive customer experience.
Long-term relationships with our clients, stakeholders and preferred partners are very important to us.
We support the needs of our employees, marketplace, community and the environment by;
- Volunteering for local community projects such as ‘Right to Read’.
- Providing business mentoring for young people in The Prince’s Trust as well as mentoring services to Northamptonshire Fresh Start Academy and training and speaker events for new entrants into farming.
- Encouraging responsible use of office resources through recycling waste and using energy efficient resources and taking responsibility for business travel.
- Advising on renewable energy projects including wind energy, anaerobic digestion, solar power, biomass heating schemes and woodland plantations.
- Raising funds for nominated charities through annual challenges ranging from Hadrian’s Wall in 2009, the Welsh 3000s in June 2010 and the 3 Peaks Challenge in 2015, 2016 and 2018.
- In 2017 we held our first corporate Cycling Day for clients, professional contacts and colleagues raising money for our chosen charity in the process. This is now an annual event.
- Launching the Henry Sale Foundation in memory of our late Managing Partner to fund causes championed by Henry in the communities where we live and work.
- Sponsoring local amateur sports teams and providing our free time to coach and support with sporting activities at both junior and senior levels.