Who we are and what we do
Fisher German was established in September 2000 after the merger of Fisher Hoggarth and Germans with a history going back to 1830. Since then we have grown at an impressive rate; 16 offices across the UK with around 500 employees and partners. The firm’s strength is demonstrated by unprecedented growth throughout the recent economic downturn to an annual turnover of over £30 million (2018).
We operate nationally advising and managing a wide range of client portfolios on behalf of blue chip companies, pension funds, private landowners, utility companies, national charities, local authorities and government agencies. We are proud of the company we keep!
We have a national visibility across all the 6 property market sectors; rural, commercial, development, residential, utilities & infrastructure and sustainable energy. We have considerable resources to operate a localised approach to service delivery. We deliver a wide range of integrated chartered surveying, consultancy and estate agency services across each of those sectors.
Our Vision is to be the best at what we do as judged by our clients and colleagues.
We aim for simplicity in everything that we do.
We have pride in ourselves, our colleagues, our services, and our company.
We demonstrate commitment in everything we do.
We embody professionalism in our dealings with clients and colleagues.
We are entrepreneurial in our approach to servicing clients needs.
We empower our people, giving them the space to develop and grow in their roles.
Harry Cotterell: Chairman
Andrew Jackson: Managing Partner
Tim Shuldham: Deputy Managing Partner
Charles Meynell: Senior Partner
Andrew Bridge: Chief Operating Officer
Adrian Jones: Finance Director
We understand property and make it our priority to understand our clients and their needs.
We help our clients to prosper by building long-term relationships, listening and delivering exceptional service. Many of our solutions are digitally led as we recognise the importance of on-demand services to our clients as their businesses grow.
Our strong people culture is happy, vibrant and creative.
We work in an open transparent way; we are plain speaking.
Entrepreneurialism is encouraged, not stifled, to find better ways of demonstrating value for money.
We have a long track record of working collaboratively in partnership with others to ensure the overall customer experience is positive, productive and hassle free.
We have a robust governance structure to ensure consistent high-quality service delivery and a positive customer experience.
Long-term relationships with our clients, stakeholders and preferred partners are very important to us.
The Dow Jones Sustainability Index created a commonly accepted definition of CSR as ‘a business approach that creates long-term shareholder value by embracing opportunities and managing risks deriving from economic, environmental and social developments’. This definition encompasses a broad range of corporate values and concerns, including reputation, transparency, social impact, ethical sourcing, profitability and civil society.
Fisher German is a corporate citizen and therefore has social, ethical, cultural and environmental responsibilities to the communities it serves, as well as economic and financial ones to its employees, partners and stakeholders.
We actively support the needs of our employees, marketplace and the environment creating better opportunities for local employment, mental health and social support within the communities we serve.
- We raise funds for nominated charities through annual challenges ranging from Hadrian’s Wall (2009), the Welsh 3000s (2010) and the 3 Peaks Challenge (2015-2018) or smaller events eg Born Survivor at Capesthorne Estate (2018).
- We hold an annual Cycling Day raising money for our chosen charity in the process. Our nominated charity of the year for 2018 is Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity.
- We also host an annual West Midlands Ball that raised £40k this year.
The Henry Sale Foundation
The Henry Sale Foundation, established in 2015 following the death of Henry Sale, our Joint Managing Partner. The aim of the Foundation is to;
- Encourage better management of the countryside and its way of life, and the rural economy.
- Promote social inclusion.
- Provide an educational resource not otherwise available.
- Enable greater participation in sport and healthy recreation.
- Provide accessibility, mobility and recreation to disabled people, including those who are victims of a traumatic event.
The Foundation is funded by a percentage of our annual profits.
We volunteer for local community projects which have included ‘Right to Read’ and business mentoring for young people in The Prince’s Trust and the Northamptonshire Fresh Start Academy.
We sponsor and volunteer coaching for several local amateur sports teams at both junior and senior levels including;
- We are the main sponsors for Ashby Rugby Football Club and sponsored equipment for the mini and junior teams.
- We are the main sponsors for Ticknall Cricket Club, who in the 2018 season won an historical Derbyshire Premier League and Premier Cup double
- Other sponsorships include rugby clubs in Newark, Market Rasen and bromsgrove
- Provided sports kit for Hallaton Church of England Primary School.
Summer placements & apprenticeships
Apprenticeships and summer placements offer opportunities for starters to work with us, gaining invaluable experience, whilst studying for a qualification. This has grown considerably with all offices offering this invaluable experience to a wide range of individuals.
We are willing to support placements leading to an apprenticeship for the right candidates.