Background and industry experienceOn leaving College (Sheffield Polytechnic now Hallam University) I joined the valuation Office. After an number of appointments in different locations, I joined Matthews & Goodman at their City Office in 1986. I initially was split with 70% of my time on rating and the other 30% on valuation, primarily company asset valuations. On the 1990 Rating Revaluation, the first one for 17 years I moved to exclusively provide rating advice. I rose to Head of Rating at Matthews & Goodman and then became a full equity partner. In 2022 I resigned from the Partnership and reverted back to being a salaried employee.
Why did you join Fisher German?
I was part of the Matthews & Goodman team - the two companies merged in 2022
What has been your favourite project and why?
Advising the owners of major shopping centres for 30 years
Most admired, non-property brand?
Best holiday destination?
One item to take to a desert island?
Who would you like to be stranded in a lift with?