Castle View Farm, Bottesford, Nottinghamshire
- To secure planning permission for the re-use of an arable field as a 4000 plot natural burial ground
- To secure planning permission for a 20 container self-storage compound
- To provide relevant documentation to support the planning application including supporting evidence highlighting the sustainability benefits for the alternative approach to burials.
- To submit a robust planning justification for the change of use of the site within the countryside.
- To identify the need for such a development in this locations minimising landscape harm in a prominent location
- The schemes added additional income streams to help secure the future resilience of the farming enterprise which will support the rural exonomy.
- The natural burial ground not only delivered a farm diversification scheme but also a substantial biodiversity net gain alongside the expected sustainability benefits associated with this alternative burial approach