- We helped facilitate a deal between our client and a private landlord.
- FloGro Fresh are looking to move to a new purpose-designed and built facility capable of meeting the demand for their prawns.
- The site was chosen due to its scope for the self-generation of heat and power to feed into the new facility.
- This will enhance both the energy security and support the practical running of the facility by reducing company food miles and ultimately its carbon footprint.
- We met with FloGro Fresh to understand their needs.
- A review of prospective sites was undertaken and preferred options were scrutinised.
- Renewable energy opportunities (namely solar PV and a ground source heat pump) were reviewed and measured against their demand requirements.
- We agreed Heads of Terms with the landlord of the chosen site to take an Option to Lease land.
- FloGro Fresh are now pursuing planning, expected towards the end of 2022.
- We were able to agree commercial terms which were fair to the landlord yet affordable to FloGro Fresh.
- The ability of FloGro Fresh to generate their own electricity (via solar PV) and heat (via a GSHP) is key to their business model and the companies ESG credentials.
- Pending planning and build, the client can grow their business in accordance with their core concept.