Background and industry experienceBen sits within the national commercial agency team and is involved in all aspects of commercial agency, advising clients on the sale, acquisition and letting of commercial property and land within every asset class. Ben is the lead contact for commercial agency within the North Midlands and South Yorkshire region and acts for a range of clients including funds, private high net worth individuals, occupiers, national and regional developers, local authorities as well as first time investors and the local business community. His key strengths are establishing long term relationships with both private and corporate clients and identifying new opportunities for maximising client’s returns on their property.
Ben’s recent successes include:
• Sale of a 283 acre mixed use Nottinghamshire portfolio which included; 10-acre let highways depot, multi let industrial estate, methane plant, and 260 acres of land
• Letting of a 15,000 sq ft car showroom to Cazoo on a 20-year lease, and securing the subsequent sale of the investment off market
• Sale of 20,000 sq ft modern industrial investment near Doncaster Sheffield Airport
• Acquisition of a mixed use, 19-property South Yorkshire portfolio
• Sale of a multi let office park in North Nottinghamshire, comprising seven multi let office buildings
• Advising on the sale of 40 acres of commercial development land in North Nottinghamshire
• Reletting of a 16,000 sq ft former Builders Merchant in Retford
• Sale of 4 acres of residential development land in Coalville to a housing association
Ben is also involved in providing asset management advice to Tarmac Property, in respect of over seventy freehold and leasehold sites within their control. This advice ranges from general asset management advice to exit strategies and identifying income generation and development opportunities.
When did you join Fisher German?
Why did you join Fisher German?
Opportunities and vision of the company
What has been your favourite project and why?
Letting a vacant industrial estate called Quantum Business Park in Retford. They’ve not been the biggest or best deals I’ve done but It’s been the most rewarding as all the pre-marketing advice provided to the client has been correct and I’ve secured a generous income for the client and relieved her of repair and vacant business rates liabilities that were causing considerable worry. Happy client!
Most admired, non-property brand?
I don’t have one – but I admire any self-made business man or woman who started from the bottom
Socialising with friends, going to
Best holiday destination?
Islands around Thailand
One item to take to a desert island?
A crate of Peroni – may as well enjoy myself!
Who would you like to be stranded in a lift with?
What’s your favourite film of all time?