Our commercial property management team provides dedicated services through a network of UK regional offices, supported by an accounts and credit control team based in Birmingham. The majority of our team members have over 20 years’ experience in commercial property management.
The management portfolio comprises over 5,800 individual units with an annual rent roll of £195m+ and service charge schemes of over £30m per annum.
Our network of regional offices ensures that our Property Managers are in close proximity to the individual assets. This provides greater control of assets together with a support network for Asset Managers.
The team understands the equal importance of both local hands-on property management and strong financial control evidenced by 50% of the team being allocated to property accounting and credit control, headed by 3 qualified accountants.
Our team specialises in the management of multi let industrial and office portfolios acting on behalf of a broad range of institutional and property company clients. Approximately 20% of assets under management comprise both single and multi let office investments.
Our experience helps us to understand our client’s requirements to ensure that we deliver a quality product. Central to our client care and service delivery, we are always available across each of the teams to ensure our clients are fully up to speed with the status of their individual assets and entire portfolios. We have multiple reporting platforms which link seamlessly with ours and our client’s management tools to ensure we stay one step ahead.
Comprehensive services planning
- Delivering the right provision for you and your portfolio, including full property accounting services through to systems support and training.
Detailed on-boarding service
- Ensuring that we deliver efficient, painless transference of assets into the Property Management support systems.
- Face to face meetings and reporting from the whole team on a regular basis, driven by our clients’ requirements.
We provide expert commercial property management services … investors and developers throughout the UK. Central to our ethos is client and tenant care, cultivating a collaborative approach to Property Management and leading the way in asset optimisation. Our nationwide teams have a regional emphasis that draws upon extensive experience to deliver a multi-faceted, first class service.
- Regular monthly inspections of all multi-let properties by a dedicated property manager.
- Property Management inspection reporting on a quarterly basis.
Tenant liaison & management
- Main point of contact for all tenant issues. Liaison with tenants on issues raised by Environmental reports and Property Insurers risk assessments. Enforcement of tenant breaches – external storage, repairs. Arrange property repairs (internal repairing leases). Advise on property management strategy for each asset and identify where improvements can be implemented.
Void property management
- Hold keys for all vacant units.
- Prepare all vacant units for winter.
- Obtain statutory reports – Asbestos Registers, Energy Performance Certificates.
- Inspections of vacant units on a fortnightly basis by a property inspector.
- Take regular meter readings for all utilities, and update suppliers.
Alienation & alterations
- Gather all information required for subletting and assignments, present to the Asset Manager, and instruct solicitors.
- Gather all information required for tenant alterations and present to the Asset Manager.
- Maintain trade use records for all tenants, providing information to landlord’s property insurers.
- Manage all property insurance claims.
- Prepare specifications, for insurance repair works and obtain competitive tenders.
- Meet and liaise with loss adjusters.
- Instruct and oversee insurance repair works
Landlord's direct costs
- Recommend contractors for non-recoverable works.
- Prepare specifications and obtain competitive quotations.
- Instruct and oversee landlord works – e.g. unit clearance & minor unit repairs.
- Processing and payment of landlord’s non-recoverable invoices (agent fees etc.) from rent monies held.
- Monthly reporting of landlord’s expenditure.
Our technologies and processes help deliver accurate and reliable services to our clients. We fully understand the key role that data control and management plays in delivering a market leading service to clients. With multiple platforms and data analysis models available to the Property Management and Client Accounting Teams, we make sure that Fund and Asset Managers have everything they need to control their portfolios accurately and efficiently.
- Record keeping - record keeping of all clients, properties and tenancies on our Property Management Database. Property data - management of property data – Asbestos Registers, Operation Manuals, Electrical Test Certificates, Energy Performance Certificates etc.
- Client web access to Property Management Database and Legal Library of all leases.
- We deliver fast, efficient rent, service charge, insurance and invoice payment systems across our Client Accounting, Credit Control, Debt Management and Accounts Payable Divisions. Our 45 person strong Client Accounting Service comprises numerous qualified accountants with significant property experience, including both Yardi Voyager and Qube Horizon software expertise.
Rent, service charge and insurance collection
- Issue demands and receipts for rent, service charge, insurance.
- Daily banking of all rent receipts into either our Client Accounts or the clients own bank accounts.
- Daily banking all service charge into our Client Accounts.
- Credit control of all monies demanded.
- Provision of weekly electronic arrears update.
- Regular arrears review with client asset manager
- Provision of in-house advice in relation to the recovery of arrears via enforcement agents under CRAR, solicitors, County Court Action etc.
Financial control & client reporting
- Monthly Financial Reporting to client (Client Statement and VAT report).
- Monthly Reconciliation of our Client Accounts.
- Bespoke Client Reporting.
- Dealing with queries from client auditors.
Service charge management
- Prepare annual budget for each service charge property (issued to tenants 1month in advance of year).
- Reconcile all service charge schemes (within 4 months of year-end).
- Place and oversee contracts for common parts services and payment of suppliers.
- All invoices coded and available for authorisation by local property manager within 48 hours of receipt.
Utility management (single supply sites)
- Calculate utility costs for tenants.
- Issue monthly invoices.
- Collect all utility charges.
- Pay utility suppliers.
Employment of site staff
- Direct employment of site employees (caretakers, site managers etc).
- Day to day management of site staff.