Working both within a wider Fisher German estate and agricultural management role and independently, we have developed an unrivalled reputation for helping to proactively manage farming businesses as part of large and often complex estate enterprises.
Farming enterprises often lose direction within a large estate business as a result of competition for management time and investment, together with a lack of understanding of where the farm estate fits and how it should perform.
With pressure on commodity prices and fluctuations in input costs, substantial investment is now required to create and maintain a successful farming enterprise; the opportunities for profit and risk of losses have never been greater.
Our specialism in agricultural management means we can develop strategies so farm estates achieve the highest performance levels possible whilst delivering the sporting and other ownership objectives, often meeting complex taxation planning requirements.
We do this by understanding how to motivate those involved in the farm enterprise and how to communicate key issues to the estate owners, management and advisory team.
With a genuine understanding of land and the agricultural industry, we can help our farm estate clients improve performance and profitability. The team enjoys advising on creative ways to diversify land as well as the more traditional estate management role. Working with a broad range of clients each with different property portfolios and objectives means we have a wide range of experience in all areas of rural consultancy.
- Working closely with farm estate owners on their long-term business strategy
- On-going review of business development and asset management to make best use of all estate assets
- Directing and encouraging continued professional development (CPD) of the farm manager and all staff on the farm estate
- Working closely with farm managers to maximise enterprise incomes, as well as labour and machinery requirements
- Full financial management including bookkeeping, management reports and accounts, financial accounts, payroll and rent collection
- Organisation of all input purchasing and crop marketing