Brickfield Barn is situated west of the favoured village of Everdon which has a public house, church and field centre. There are numerous footpaths and bridleways across undulating countryside including Badby Woods, Everdon Stubbs and Mantels Heath.
Daventry, Banbury and Towcester are all within easy driving distance offering shopping and leisure facilities. Long Buckby and Banbury both offer mainline train services to London and the M1 (J16) and the M40 (J11) give excellent road links to the south and north. The barn was converted in 2006 into a contemporary family home within a traditional exterior. It enjoys far reaching views over open countryside towards Shuckburgh and Badby Woods. The interior is very well presented with high quality fittings and appliances. It offers a fantastic layout ideal for modern family living and is exceptionally well finished throughout.
The property is approached via the courtyard with door leading into the entrance hall which opens onto the main traditional barn. This contains the fitted kitchen with steps down to the living room with spiral steel staircase rising to the sitting room and study above. The dining room is off the kitchen with two glazed elevations overlooking the garden. The generous master bedroom, has a dressing room with ensuite shower room. There are three further bedrooms, a bathroom and a shower room on the ground floor in the southern wing. A guest bedroom is found next to the sitting room on the first floor with a separate staircase down to a large shower room.
Grounds and Gardens
There is an attractive courtyard to the west of the barn with a brick outbuilding containing two storerooms. This could be converted to a home office or annexe, subject to gaining the requisite planning consents.
The property is surrounded by mature gardens and lawned areas, with a terrace to the north and level lawn to the east. There are superb views to the west over the paddocks and the lake. On the hill behind the property there is an orchard, vegetable garden with raised borders, fruit cage and two aluminium greenhouses.
Modern Farm Buildings
The main barn is steel framed (29x28ft), with concrete walling to approx 7ft, and timber cladding. The open front barn (29x28ft), has open timber shuttering. In addition a two bay (14x26ft), with concrete yard to front.
The paddocks run up the valley, and are well fenced and watered, providing the house with an excellent setting. The lake, which sits below the house, is surrounded by mature shrubs and trees and has a central island.
Land For SaleBrickfield Barn, Newnham Road, Everdon, Daventry, Northamptonshire NN11
Guide price £1,750,000
A superb contemporary energy efficient barn conversion with lovely rural views and a range of farm buildings, and circa 15.6 acres.
- Excellent energy efficient, 'neutral living' home - ground source heating, Feed-in tariff solar panels, private water supply if required
- A very well presented barn conversion with high quality fittings and appliances
- Offers a fantastic layout ideal for modern family living
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen room
- Master bedroom with dressing room and shower room
- Four further bedrooms, family bathroom, shower room
- Landscaped gardens, vegetable area and orchard
- Modern farm buildings, two field shelters, two stores
- Wonderful equestrian potential with well fenced paddocks
- Ideally located for both the Pytchley and Grafton Hunts
- 10 miles from Onley Grounds and 9 miles from Aston le Walls Equestrian Centres
- Fabulous country setting with 15.6 acres
- Fine views over rolling countryside
- Further land available by separate negotiation