Cherry Trees is a superb contemporary house which demonstrates an extraordinary level of detail in design and construction and which has won an LABC building excellence award. The vendors worked with Matthew Montague Architects, a highly regarded Derby based firm, who have executed major commissions for clients, including Repton and Formarke Hall schools, Cranfield University, Nestle, and notable house design projects for private clients. Together they have created a unique house using modern construction methods, incorporating high technology, and with a design focus on efficiency and aesthetics, combined with precise execution.
The house and attached garage and workshop extend to approximately 4,150 sq ft (gross internal area) with versatile accommodation over two floors offering impressive open plan areas, extensive glazing providing an outlook over the gardens, and a design which ensures the house is highly efficient to run. In addition to the main house there is a high specification garden studio which could be put to a variety of uses, including home office space or additional guest accommodation.
The property is approached via a drive entrance with automated sliding gate leading onto a resin bound driveway, offering parking for a number of vehicles and which leads to the garaging and front door. The house sits in generous grounds extending in total to approximately 0.9 acres.
The following provides a summary of some of the exceptional features incorporated into the design of Cherry Trees:
• IVT ground source heat system serving an underfloor heating system throughout the ground and first floor
• Mechanical ventilation heat recovery system.
• KNX based lighting control and home automation system from Gira.
• Integrated sound system.
• Neos kitchen by German maker Rational, with Gaggenau appliances.
• Bathrooms with materials and items by Hansgrohe, Keuco, Duravit, and Porcelenosa.
• Garden terrace with Hotsprings Aria hot tub.
• Permeable resin-bound drive surface.
• An RHI payment is received until December 2021; this currently equates to approximately £3,000 per annum.
• Current energy costs for running the house are approximately £1,500 per annum.
An oversized Silvelox timber front door leads into a reception hall with full height glazing providing a view over the garden terrace, centred on a stainless steel sphere water feature, and over the garden. A range of fitted storage to the left provides cloaks cupboards and server space. Other features include a galleried landing and impressive light fitting above, with an engineered oak floor which runs through much of the ground floor accommodation. The hallway leads into an open plan living/dining kitchen with full height glazing along the western wall which is constructed with 'thermally broken' aluminium frames and argon filled glazed panels for greater insulating performance. These incorporate oversized sliding panels in the living/dining kitchen area, as well as the sitting room in order that there can be great connection between the accommodation, terrace and garden.
The kitchen has a range of very high quality units by Rational with integrated appliances by Gaggenau, including two ovens, steamer oven, wok burner, hob, microwave and 'lava stone' grill. Adjoining the kitchen is a utility room with a range of fitted units, sink, and connections for a washing machine and dryer. A door leads from the utility room into an extensive triple garage with a mezzanine stroage area, an automated Silvelox double width up and over door, a single door with inset pedestrian door, which provides access off the driveway, and an automated roller shutter door which leads to the garden for a ride on mower.
The extensive sitting room of 20'6" x 18'1" has built-in storage, connections and mountings for a wall hung television and sliding doors to the decking and hot tub. An inner hall leads to a shower room with WC, and through to a home cinema room, but which has potential to be used as a further reception, or fourth bedroom benefitting from having an adjoining shower room. Stairs rise from the reception hall to a galleried landing, and leads to a key feature of the house, which is a highly impressive master suite comprising the entire northern section of the first floor accommodation. This includes a west facing bedroom of 18'1" x 13'0" with extensive retractable glazing benefitting from an automated system of blinds, and a balcony; an extensive dressing room which has been fitted out with a carefully designed range of hanging and storage units; and an adjoining en suite bathroom. The latter includes a walk-in shower with full height glazed panel and rain shower head, an oval Costello free-standing bath, and twin vanity units by Keuco.
Additional accommodation is provided by an excellent garden studio. The building is cedar clad, with a green roof, extensive glazing and bifold wall panels leading to a decking area. Power and drainage are connected, with electric heating. A kitchen areaand WC make this a brilliant space for use as a home office, gym, or as guest accommodation.
A terrace runs along the width of the west facing elevation with sail shades making a great area for entertaining, connected with the main reception areas of the house via sliding glazed wall panels. The generous gardens are laid mainly to lawn with a variety of trees. A second access leads in to the bottom of the garden.
House For SaleCherry Trees, 3, Main Street, Cherry Trees, Ambaston, Derbyshire
Guide price £1,250,000 Sale Agreed
An exceptional contemporary house with a remarkable specification and grounds extending to approximately 0.92 acres.
- Reception hall, open plan living/dining kitchen area opening to garden terrace
- Sitting room, cinema room/further reception room/bedroom 4 with adjoining shower room
- Study, utility room, galleried landing
- Extensive master suite including dressing room, en suite bathroom, and balcony
- Two further bedrooms with jack and jill shower room
- Extensive triple garage with storage, and driveway offering parking for a number of vehicles
- High quality garden studio with WC offering potential as additional accommodation
- Gardens and grounds extending to approximately 0.92 acres
- High efficiency delivered by a ground source heating system, heat exchange system and insulation.
- Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) payment