House For SaleLot 2: Littlecourt Yard, Maidford Road, Farthingstone, Towcester, Northamptonshire
Guide price £925,000 Sale Agreed
Lot 2 - Littlecourt Yard is a fabulous Grade II Listed purpose built property, comprising three individual properties. In all about 9.1 acres.
- Arts and Crafts style purpose built stable and motor yard designed by Walter Cave
- Original stables and loose boxes
- Manège, wooded area, pastureland
- In all about 3.68 hectares (9.1 acres)
- For Sale as a Lot of a larger property
Farthingstone is a charming small rural village in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside. Village facilities include St Marys Church, Baptist Chapel, village hall and a popular local pub, The Kings Arms. Local primary schooling is available in nearby Blakesley and secondary schooling at Sponne School in Towcester, with a school bus service serving the village. Private schooling is available at Bilton Grange, Rugby, Spratton, Winchester House, Beachborough, Stowe, Bloxham and Warwick.
Local shops are available at Weedon and Blakesley and other services are available at nearby Towcester and Daventry. There is a golf course to the north of the village and a popular village cricket team amongst a number of clubs.
The village is well located with good road and rail facilities, via the M1 Junction 16, circa 6 miles to the east; and the M40 approximately 14 miles away at Banbury and mainline stations at Milton Keynes and Northampton.
Lot 2 – Littlecourt Yard
Littlecourt Yard is a Grade II Listed purpose built stable and motor house built in 1913/14 to designs by Walter Cave and located on the edge of the village. The building is described as a rare and important building that represents a brief moment in time between 1905 and 1925 when an important change was happening in the history of transport when few stable and motor buildings were built. It is a fine detailed building in the Arts and Crafts style displaying a high level of craftsmanship and retaining many of the original features today, particularly in the stables.
The building is now sub-divided and provides for a very comfortable and well appointed three bedroom cottage known as Littlecourt Mews benefitting from a private garden and views to the south, together with a 2 bedroom Stable Cottage located next to the motor house and 3 bedroom Grooms Flat above the stables (see floor plans). The building also retains traditional stables and loose boxes together with a tack room and foaling box located around a central courtyard with octagonal stone pier with seats and a sundial.
The courtyard is accessed via double gates and a high stone wall (also Listed). To the right of the entrance is a wonderful collection of mature oaks which have a group Tree Preservation Order attached to them. Located close to the south of the courtyard is a sand and rubber manège and gives easy access to the mature paddock which runs down to a stream and adjoins Lot 1.
The property offers significant scope for exciting alternative uses subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents. In all about 3.68 hectares (9.1 acres)