Clifton is a highly sought after North Oxfordshire village, located in beautiful countrywide, with a well regarded public house and restaurant. Nearby Deddington offers a good range of local facilities, including a popular deli, local and specialist shops, a primary school, health centre, library and post office. Access to the M40 is nearby at J10 (6.5 miles) and J11 (7.5 miles), with mainline train services to London (Marylebone and Paddington) from Banbury and Bicester.
The Chapel dates from 1869. It was converted in 1988 and completely renovated and sympathetically updated to a very high standard 6 years ago. It now provides a charming contemporary home with many original features, combined with high specification fittings throughout. The property would make an ideal full time home, or equally a second home/weekend country retreat. The entrance hall leads to the three double bedrooms, a luxurious family room, and store cupboard. The impressive first floor has a vaulted beamed ceiling, and has been thoughtfully designed, to provide a large open plan sitting/dining room with plenty of natural light and the most fabulous open countryside views. The kitchen is fitted to a high specification, including an inset Blanco double sink, De Detrich induction hob and Italian worktops.
Gardens and grounds
The Chapel has the benefit of a private gravelled parking area for two cars, with outdoor entertaining area, and a very useful fenced area to the west side. The countryside is just on your doorstep, as at the bottom of the drive is a bridle path giving access to beautiful country walks, also perfect for bike riding and dog walking.
House For SaleThe Chapel, Chapel Close, Clifton, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX15
Guide price £399,999
A unique and stylishly converted chapel in a peaceful village location offering fabulous open countryside views. Viewing is highly recommended to experience the deceptively ample interior.
- A charming contemporary home with many original features, combined with high specification fittings throughout.
- Open plan sitting/dining room with vaulted beamed ceiling.
- Bespoke high specification kitchen.
- Three double bedrooms and a luxurious family bathroom.
- Private parking for two vehicles to the side of The Chapel.
- Walking into the property it feels suprisingly bigger than it looks from the outside - a real tardis!
- Ideally located for Soho Farmhouse in a peaceful rural location.
- An ideal full time home, or equally a second home/weekend country retreat.
- NO CHAIN
- Please note the 'Street View' doesn't show the actual position of The Chapel. Please use 'Map - Satellite view'.