House For Sale1, Blackwell Lane, Melbourne, Derby, Derbyshire
Guide price £295,000 Sold
For sale by online auction. A detached cottage requiring renovation on the edge of the popular market town of Melbourne.
- A great opportunity for a renovation project within this popular village
- Close to Melbourne Hall and Pool
- Open plan entrance hall with stairs to first floor
- Sitting/dining room with open fireplace, 2nd reception room and kitchen
- 2 bedrooms, 1 with built in storage
- Generous lawned rear garden
- Situated within a conservation area
- Bidding period - 2nd - 6th December 2019 12 noon
1 Blackwell Lane is situated close to Melbourne
Hall and Melbourne Pool on the edge of this
popular Georgian market town. Melbourne is a
conservation area with a lot of history and there
is a good range of shops, restaurants and pubs,
along with a library, leisure centre, recreation
ground and active Parish Council.
Communication links are very good, with rapid
access to the M1 and M42 and East Midlands
Airport is about 5 miles away. East Midlands
Parkway railway station is a short drive away near Kegworth, with direct trains to London St Pancras. There is a good selection of state and private schools in the area.
No. 1 Blackwell Lane offers a great opportunity
to acquire a period detached cottage which is in
need of modernisation and has the scope for
further development if required, subject to the
necessary consents. The property comprises an open plan entrance hall and sitting room which has a brick fireplace, windows to the front and stairs rising to the first floor. The kitchen has windows overlooking the garden and there is a second reception room. On the first floor there are two bedrooms and a bathroom.
A side gate leads to a generous garden, being
mainly lawned and bordered to the rear with
mature laurel hedging and conifers.