House For SaleThe Old Vicarage, Banbury Road, Moreton Pinkney, Northamptonshire
Guide price £1,195,000 Sold
A characterful Grade II Listed 17th Century home with a wealth of period features set in gardens of half an acre. VIRTUAL TOUR AVAILABLE
- Drawing room, Dining room, Sitting room, Kitchen/breakfast room with garden room extension
- Entrance hall, Utility/boot room, Cloakroom, Extensive cellars
- 6 bedrooms, Dressing room/en-suite bathroom to master bedroom
- Family bathroom, En-suite shower to guest bedroom, Two separate cloakrooms
- Former coach house comprising single garage and garden store
- Attractive lawns to south which were used as a tennis court
- Side and vegetable gardens
- In all about 0.47 acre
Moreton Pinkney is set amidst undulating South Northamptonshire countryside. Village facilities include St Mary’s Church, a village hall, playground, public house and numerous footpaths and bridleways. There is a local school at Culworth, with many other well regarded schools in the area including Stowe, Northampton High School, Winchester House, Bloxham and St Loys Primary Academy, many of which have a school bus service from the village. The Culworth butcher provides a twice weekly grocery mobile shop service to the village. The nearby villages of Blakesley, Sulgrave and Woodford Halse provide a range of local services. More extensive shopping and leisure facilities are available in Brackley, Daventry, Towcester and Banbury. There is motor-racing at Silverstone, approximately 12 miles away. Moreton Pinkney is within reasonable driving distance to the M1 and M40 motorways and there are main line train services at Milton Keynes Central (London Euston from 35 minutes), Bicester North (London Marylebone from 49 minutes) and Banbury (London Marylebone from 56 minutes and Birmingham from 45 minutes).
The Old Vicarage is a delightful stone house with 6 bedrooms, set in an attractive private garden of about half an acre close to the centre of this rural village.