Brill is an attractive hilltop village with a village green, cricket pitch, well known windmill and panoramic views over rolling countryside, two shops, a doctor's surgery, local butcher's shop, Post Office, two public houses, church, CofE Primary school, village hall and a sports and social club. More extensive facilities are available in Thame, Oxford, Aylesbury and Bicester. The M40 is about fifteen minutes by car, providing excellent access to the M25, Heathrow airport, London and the M4. Train services to London run from Haddenham, Bicester North Station and Bicester Village station. (London Marylebone just 37 minutes from Haddenham & Thame parkway and approximately 45 minutes from Bicester). For day-to-day shopping the nearby market town of Thame offers a good selection of shops ranging from supermarkets to specialist shops and boutiques, as well as a good selection of restaurants, pubs and cafés and a regular bus service from Thame to both Oxford and Aylesbury. Buckinghamshire is renowned for its education, with the state school system having retained the selective (Grammar) secondary schools. A number of good private schools are also situated close by (Ashfold School is in the village of Dorton and The Dragon School, Headington Girls & St Edwards are to be found In Oxford).
The Stables is a detached building within the curtilage of the village Manor House, dating back to approximately 1700 and now benefitting from approved planning permission. The property benefits from a wealth of period features, including fine wrought iron stable dividers, troughs and floor finishes. The building is constructed in Flemish bond with decorative glazed bricks produced in the village, and features unusual and handsome ocular windows. The interior features striking trusses, believed to be original and sourced from the surrounding royal hunting forest of Bernewode. Planning permission and Listed Building Consent has been obtained for the conversion of the existing building into a residential dwelling, together with various associated external works including the relocation of a shed (P20/00975/APP, 20/A0975/NON,
20/00972/ALB & 21/01297/ALB – Pending Consideration). The new building will blend contemporary design with historic character and opportunities such as this are extremely rare. Externally, the new building is finished in brick under a clay tiled roof. Internal accommodation will comprise an entrance hall a fantastic large open plan kitchen / dining / breakfast and utility room, a living room, snug, two double bedrooms and a shower room. A new spiral staircase will provide access to the master bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Outside is an enclosed private use garden and area providing off road parking.
We advise prospective purchasers to undertake their own enquires with regards to the location of services.
The Stables is offered freehold with vacant possession upon completion.
Local Authority and planning
Planning permission has been granted for the conversion of The Stables (reference: 20/00975/APP & 21/01297/ALB). A supplementary information file containing plans, decision notice and other pertinent information is available on upon request. Alternatively, all information can be inspected by appointment at the Thame office of Fisher German LLP. Buckinghamshire Council The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF Main switchboard – 01296 585858
Plans, areas and schedules
Any plans, areas and schedules etc. that form part of these particulars are for the purposes of identification only and prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the correctness of the information contained thereon prior to exchange of contracts.
Proposed Terms of Sale
• Stables to be built out as per approved planning permission no P20/00975/APP & 21/01297/ALB and associated drawings (elevation openings, all proposed materials etc). Any proposed alterations to these plans are to be approved by the vendors.
• Pursuant to clause 6 of the approved planning permission, all proposals must be first approved in writing by the vendors prior to submission to the Local Authority.
• Pursuant to clause 9 of the approved planning permission, all proposals must be first approved in writing by the vendors prior to submission to the Local Authority.
• Any planning applications for garden buildings must be approved in writing by the vendors. Subject to type, design and location such consent will not be unreasonably withheld.
• Buyers will be required to complete all works within a reasonable time period following legal completion. Timescale proposed is 18 (extendable to 24 months) months from build commencement.
• A non refundable reservation fee of £2000 will be required to lodged with the buyers chosen solicitor and an undertaking provided to the vendors solicitor that should the buyer withdraw for any reason this sum would be transferred within 48 hours. (note this sum would be refundable should the title be shown as defective).
• No contractors will be permitted to park vehicles within the grounds of the Manor House.
• The buyers will agree to undertake the schedule of works provided by the vendors in regards to the driveway serving No’s 4, 5 & 6, the relocation of the existing shed and any associated soft landscaping works. A copy of these works will be made available.
• Exchange of contracts will be required within 8 weeks of receipt of papers at the buyer’s solicitors. A 10% deposit will be payable upon exchange.
• The vendor is not under any obligation to accept the highest or any offer which is made.
By strict appointment through selling agents, Fisher German LLP Tel. 01844 212004 firstname.lastname@example.org
From the Fisher German office in Thame head north-west along the High Street. At the mini round about turn right. At the next round about take the first left onto the Aylesbury Road. Upon reaching the main round about take the second exit toward Long Crendon. Proceed through the village and continue onto the B4011. Take the right hand turn, signposted Brill. Once entering the village turn left into The Square , then Oakley Road and the property can be found on the right hand side, adjacent to the Manor House.
Development Site For SaleThe Stables, Manor House, Oakley Road, Brill
Guide price £325,000 Sale Agreed
*DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY* An amazing opportunity to purchase a Grade II Listed detached former stable block with planning permission for conversion to residential use
- *DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY*
- Grade II Listed former stable block
- Planning permission for conversion approved
- Three bedrooms
- Living room & snug
- Open plan kitchen / dining / breakfast & utility
- Enclosed garden
- Two parking spaces
- Sought after location
- Character features throughout