Downend Farm is located approximately 4 miles west of Tewkesbury, the historic market town straddling the Rivers Severn and Avon. Tewkesbury provides a wide array of shopping and leisure facilities together with excellent schools. The M5 motorway at Junction 9 is accessible just beyond Tewkesbury providing access to Birmingham in the north and London to the south. Tewkesbury also has a railway station at Ashchurch with trains to the same destinations. Further afield, both Worcester and Cheltenham are easily accessible with a wider range of shopping and leisure facilities including excellent private schools in the wider area.
Downend Farm is located in attractive countryside to the west of Tewkesbury, with a valuable planning permission to convert the barns and farmhouse into 5 self-contained dwellings. The property comprises a substantial period red-brick farmhouse with garage behind, a detached red brick barn to one side and, to the front, a wide open courtyard comprising largely single storey red brick barns with, in the corner, a large two storey threshing barn. Features are typical of this type of period farmhouse complex including exposed beams, ventilation slips, and arched doorways to the barn complex with, in the farmhouse, exposed beams, fireplaces and a combination of part double glazed and single glazed windows. Access to the site will be off the A438, along the new tarmac drive which has already been installed to the south west of the site which needs connecting to the main highway. Flanking the drive is an area of grass, already planted with a range of trees leading through to the complex.
Planning Permission was granted by Malvern Hills District Council reference 12/01566/FUL providing for the sub-division of the farmhouse, conversion of outbuildings, byre and barns to provide 5 residential units. The planning also provided for a new vehicular access to the south west of the site and the previous main access to be retained to facilitate the pubic footpath. The planning can be summarised as follows:
• Unit 1 - Approximately 376 sq m, single storey and part double storey semi-detached barn.
6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 3 reception rooms, garden, 3 parking spaces.
• Unit 2 - Approximately 273 sq m, single storey barn, semi-detached. 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 reception rooms, garden, 3 parking spaces
• Unit 3 - Approximately 296 sq m, three storey section of the farmhouse, semi-detached.
4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 reception rooms,
1 bedroom guest annexe, double garage, garden.
• Unit 4 - Approximately 180 sq m, three storey section of the farmhouse, semi-detached.
3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 reception room, cellar, garden, 1 parking space.
• Unit 5 - Approximately 98 sq m, detached two storey barn. 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom,
1 reception room, garden, 1 parking space.
In all approximately 1,223 sq m (13,164 sq ft).
By way of a further planning consent, reference 15/01265/CCO, some conditions have been discharged thus preserving the planning consent.
Development Site For SaleDownend Farm, Long Green, Forthampton, Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL19
Guide price £975,000 Sale Agreed
A superb development opportunity with planning to convert period barns and farmhouse in a superb location
- Planning permission to convert to 5 residential units
- Range of single and part two storey period barns
- Large period red-brick farmhouse for division
- Each property will have gardens and parking
- Extant planning permission
- Total potential gross internal area of approx 13,164 sq ft (1,223 sq m)
- Site area to be sold approximately 3.24 acres (1.31 hectares)
- Located about 4 miles west of Tewkesbury