Development Site For SaleSt Peter's Mission, Hardstoft, Pilsley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Guide price £70,000 Sold
FOR SALE BY ONLINE AUCTION A Grade II Listed derelict former chapel with potential for development
- In need of complete renovation
- Entrance lobby
- Large main hall
- Two small store rooms
- Gardens to side and rear
- Dilapidated brick built outbuilding
- For sale by online auction to conclude at 12 noon on Thursday 26 August 2021
St Peter’s Mission is situated within the Hardwick Hall Estate in a rural location on the outskirts of the hamlet of Hardstoft, four miles east of Clay Cross. There is a bar/restaurant in Hardstoft but a wider range of facilities are available in Clay Cross, including a supermarket, a community hospital, library, leisure centre, medical centre, a church and various sports clubs. The towns of Chesterfield and Mansfield are 6.5 miles and 8 miles away respectively. There is plenty to see and do in the area, including a wide selection of walking trails, cycling, sailing at Ogston Reservoir, and a visit to Stainsby Mill, along with a number of impressive stately homes such as Hardwick Hall, Chatsworth and Haddon Hall. The Peak District National Park is within about 14 miles.
The area is extremely well served by major roads including the M1, A61 and A38, which provide good access to both north and southern areas of the country. East Midlands and Doncaster Sheffield Airports are both within striking distance and rail services are available from Chesterfield.
There is a good selection of schools in the area, including primary schools in Pilsley and Clay Cross and secondary schools in Tupton and Tibshelf. Independent schools include St Anselm’s Preparatory School in Bakewell.
St Peter’s Mission is believed to have been a built as a chapel in 1858 but was also used as a Sunday School. The building is constructed from red brick with sandstone mullioned windows and window and door surrounds. The roof is of Welsh slate with stone coped gables and has a gabled bellcote on the north elevation. There is a gabled porch at the front of the property with a sold timber door above which there is a datestone from 1858. The property is Grade II Listed for its historical and architectural interest.
The building consists of an enclosed entrance porch leading through to the hall which has a vaulted roof and exposed timbers and large windows to all elevations. Two smaller lean-to rooms are located on the eastern side. A gate at the side of the property leads through to the rear, which includes a dilapidated brick built outbuilding and rural views.
St Peter’s Mission is now derelict and ripe for conversion, subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents.
For sale by online auction. For further details please refer to the For Sales brochure and Fisher German's online auction portal.