18-20 Cowleigh Road is located on the northern edge of the Malvern Hills enjoying far reaching views over the surrounding countryside. The property is extremely well located and within walking distance of the local shops and amenities located in the centre of Great Malvern, which also includes Malvern Theatres, the Abbey Hotel and Waitrose. The Malvern Hills are a dominant feature of the landscape locally and have some superb walks with some astonishing distant views. Malvern Link railway station is within easy walking distance and the M5 motorway at Junction 7 is easily accessible approximately 9 miles away. The area is also well provided for with a range of schools to suit all requirements.
18-20 Cowleigh Road is currently trading as Miscellany Antiques from the impressive ground floor retail unit. Accessed directly from the shop or courtyard is the substantial four-storey period residence, constructed of local stone under a pitched tiled roof. The remainder of the ground floor accommodation comprises a large double reception room leading directly into a full width kitchen breakfast room leading to the utility room with distant views. Accessed from the outside is a separate store room. On the upper floors of the building are the bedrooms which include on the first floor 4 bedrooms and a bathroom and on the top floor, 3 further bedrooms, one with an interesting vaulted ceiling. From the driveway, access is gained to the lower ground floor of the building which is an extensive series of rooms comprising storage and cellarage which could be adapted to a number of different uses.
There is a pedestrian gate from the road leading into a very pretty courtyard garden to service the residential element of the building. This is mainly paved with a variety of climbing plants and shrub borders making a very pleasant area. Access is gained around the back of the building to a substantial parking area for a number of vehicles with a ramp up to the main road.
Beyond the parking area, with a large central turning area, are two large warehouse storage buildings.
A pre-application submission was made to Malvern Hills District Council to establish the development potential of the site with a reference of 18/01794/PA. Overall the pre-application is broadly supportive of the site containing development potential beyond its present configuration which could include:
* Sub-division of the main dwelling into multiple one and two bedroom units.
* Retention of the shop frontage would be required.
* Replacement of the warehouse storage units by one single or 1.5 storey unit with stand alone residential use is broadly supported.
Further information is available upon request that supports the development of the site taking account of the conservation area, highways requirements and the needs of the Malvern Town Neighbourhood Plan.
Building Plot For SaleMiscellany Antiques, 18 20, Cowleigh Road, Malvern, Worcestershire WR14
Guide price £550,000
Substantial detached period property with development potential
- Four storey period house with antiques shop and impressive shop front
- Planning potential to divide house into one and two bedroom units
- Further planning potential for a single 1 or 1.5 storey residential dwelling on the yard
- Current accommodation: Sitting room, Kitchen breakfast room
- 7 bedrooms, Bathroom, WC
- Large store room, Extensive cellar/store rooms
- 2 large warehouse outbuildings, Courtyard garden, Off road parking
- In all about 6,419 sq ft. Site extends to about 0.24 acres (0.10 ha)