The North East of England
- To negotiate compensation on behalf of an existing energy company client for loss of land and rights at an existing power station site as a result of an energy related Development Consent Order project.
- Identify nature and extent of the affected land and assess value of temporary/substantive rights to be acquired and freehold value of land to be taken.
- Consider values in context of compulsory powers afforded to the acquiring authority under the DCO and basis for assessing compensation in such circumstances.
- Understand existing use of affected site, relevant designations/allocations and ensure allowance for any hope/premium values.
- Consider impact on existing client apparatus and operational site, understand protections afforded by Protective Provisions under DCO and those achievable via negotiated crossing agreements/cable leases etc.
- Advise client accordingly and engage in extensive negotiations with acquiring authority/their appointed agent.
- Agreed seven figure compensation settlement through negotiation for client.
- Avoided formal CPO scenario and secured concessions from acquiring authority that were not achievable under the DCO in respect of lease terms and survey payment provisions.