Land east of Handforth, Cheshire
- Advising the landowners owning part of the proposed Garden Village at Handforth, Cheshire, one of 14 new Garden Villages proposed by the Government in 2017
- The proposal includes delivery of 1,500 new dwellings with 30 acres of employment land alongside a new village centre with shops, restaurants etc with community facilities including a primary school, sports facilities and village on approximately 280 acre site east of Handforth.
- The site is owned by multiple landowners providing issues for consideration.
- Advised on the planning potential including risks, challenges and strategy
- Advised on the promotion strategy including marketing as a strategic development opportunity to land promoters and housebuilders to enter into a strategic development agreement
- Advising on landowner collaboration to enable delivery of the scheme in an efficient manner
- Advising on landlord and tenant matters to allow delivery of the proposal
- Negotiated an Option Agreement with a regional housebuilder on attractive terms for our clients which seek to protect against risk and is designed to allow the financial return to be maximised.
- Regular meetings with the project team to identify and overcome project issues
- Future advice on disposal including price negotiation