Strategic development advice on the promotion and delivery of a farm holding.
- The Local Authority retain an overage over the site however the landowners own the access land thus effectively ransoming themselves.
- Our Planning Department undertook the planning representations for the site and advised on the planning potential including risks, challenges and strategy.
- Advised on the promotion strategy including marketing as a strategic development opportunity to both land promoters and housebuilders to enter into a strategic development agreement.
- Advising the landowners of the price per net developable acre that they should be looking to achieve upon the site gaining a satisfactory planning permission.
- Negotiated an Option Agreement with a plc housebuilder on attractive terms for our clients which seek to protect against risks and is designed to allow the financial return to be maximised.
- Proceeded with the party that had a planning strategy that suited the client’s aspirations.
- Regular updates with the solicitors throughout the legal stages.
- Future advice on disposal including price negotiation and ensuring a minimum price per net developable acre was inserted within the contract.