- To secure the expansion of an existing Kingspan Factory incorporating a CHP unit to deliver a self-sufficient development and off-set wider energy use across the UK company network.
- In March 2016 Fisher German Planning Team were appointed to project manage a planning application to extend their largest factory in Sherburn. The scheme proposed not only an 8,000sq m extension of the building, but also a gasification fired CHP unit, fed by refuse derived fuel and generating 14MW of electricity and 1.5MW of heat.
- The Planning Application was accompanied by an Environmental Impact Assessment, which overcame initial concerns that heat emissions would impact on the light aircraft from the adjacent airfield. Discussions were held with the Parish Council, local businesses and Councillors to explain the complex energy neutral development
- We steered the application to overcome highways and environmental health objections. Planning permission was granted with unanimous support of the Parish Council, Local Councillors and Planning Officers and no legal agreement.
- The Planning Committee commended the quality of the application with its innovative and forward-thinking nature raising standards for the area and creating 45 new jobs. The CHP plant will not only power the entire factory but will also off-set the entire Kingspan UK energy consumption. Heat from the CHP would be used in the factory with surplus piped to heat the surrounding industrial estate.