Understanding development potential of existing assets
- A new estate client, taken on by Fisher German, sought to understand the development potential of their existing assets and opportunities for future development. The estate extends to over 10,000 acres, encompassing a large hall and parkland, numerous farms, business units, sporting activities and land adjacent to settlements
- The planning team undertook a desk based environmental constraints and planning policy review of the estate. This was followed by a two day inspection of the various sites and meeting with the landowner to understand the objectives of the estate, in particular the desire to sell assets or undertake development work in house to provide rental income
- The estate review identified 30 sites for development and this was in addition to strategic housing land. A full report was prepared identifying short, medium and long-term development opportunities. This was presented to Trustees and received full endorsement
- A high-level meeting was arranged for the Head of Planning to visit the estate and discuss the objectives for the future and inspect several schemes. This early engagement opened communication and ensured that the planners understood the wider picture of the estate to see forthcoming applications in the relevant context
- A project plan was compiled to take the first phase forward. Planning applications are underway for seven schemes, including office conversions, holiday lets and residential units.