- To secure a significant number of planning permissions for Spamedica eye clinics across the country as part of their acquisitions programme within a very tight timescale.
- Addressed common planning issues involving overcoming Council’s concerns in relation to the loss of employment uses and justifying parking requirements.
- Working with the Council to ensure that they fully understand the public benefit associated with the proposed use.
- Each proposal delivers substantial benefits to the community in that region where treatments offered by SpaMedica transform a patient’s quality of life.
- Each site is employment generating delivering skilled clinical and non-clinical jobs supporting the local economy.
- SpaMedica are an NHS partner where they deliver ophthalmology services free at the point of treatment for NHS patients. They are one of the largest providers of cataract surgery in the UK of which 99% are for the NHS with dedicated modern eye facilities, operating with efficiency at a very high success rate
- Having local facilities nearby this significantly reduces referral to treat times from the NHS average of 280 days to 42 days.