Advice to property fund unlocks sustainable investment opportunities in quest for greener portfolio
- To review the energy performance of a select number of the Client’s assets in locations across the UK to assist with investment planning and ESG strategising.
- The Client was seeking assistance in creating a tailored medium to long term pathway to carbon neutrality for the assets, with a short-term, actionable goal of achieving EPC level D.
- We engaged with our Client to fully understand their needs and with the individual Property Asset Manager’s to understand the tenancy arrangements.
- We coordinated SBEM or DSM EPC assessments of the assets.
- We identified, modelled, designed and costed solutions in line with the Client’s short, medium and long-term objectives.
- We evaluated the commercial benefits of each solution and considered renewable energy opportunities and offsetting requirements.
- We delivered our conclusions and recommendations through Property Action Plan’s specific to each asset.
- A clear pathway to Net Zero for the assets assessed – including costs and regulatory timeframes.
- A report the Client can use to plan investment across their wider asset portfolio and feed into their ESG strategy.