Project management of a 1.1MW private wire solar PV development at The Old Colliery, Wingham
- In 2013, Frontier Agriculture Ltd set out to develop a 1.1MW ground-mounted solar PV installation to generate ‘green electricity’ for self-supply.
- The development, occupying ~6 acres of land, was designed to supply 80% of their power demand at their grain handling facility in Wingham.
- Working closely with the client to fully understand their needs and requirements, we were responsible for the project management and delivery of the scheme.
- The team were responsible for discharging the planning conditions imposed by Dover District Council, negotiating with and appointing the EPC contractor and overseeing the implementation of the £1m+ project.
- Construction began in late 2015 and was completed in early 2016.
- A short delivery timeframe with minimal onsite disruption.
- The solar park was registered for the Feed-in Tariff scheme, thus benefitting from government support for 20 years.
- Surplus electricity is sold back into the local grid network, providing an additional revenue stream.
- The scheme provides ‘energy security’ whilst reducing the carbon footprint of the client’s business operation.
- The project delivers on the ESG requirements of a nationally recognised business, Frontier Agriculture.
- Client testimonial, Trevor Robinson, Head of Business for Frontier Agriculture Ltd during the project development said: “Working with the experienced team at Fisher German gave us the confidence at all stages that this was the right investment for the business”.