Family farm in Nottinghamshire
- Consultancy advice relating to the proposed conversion of around 200 acres of mixed livestock and low yielding arable land for a 49.99MW solar park development.
- To advise the client on the feasibility of the solar park and the options available to maximise the commercial opportunity.
- Consultancy on the grid application process with an application for 49.99MW submitted to WPD in late 2018 and accepted by the client in January 2019.
- Advised on the commercial proposals and selection of the developer. Tender process completed March 2019 and solar park developer selected, exclusivity agreement signed followed by Heads of Terms. Option agreement exchanged and planning application submitted August 2019 with consent in November 2019.
- Working with the clients, their solicitor and the developer to ensure exchange of the Option to Lease documents.
- When built the solar park will greatly increase the financial return from the land for the client.
- Diversified income for the farming business, allowing investment elsewhere on the farm.
- Continued agricultural use with sheep grazing.
- Biodiversity enhancement including a meadowed grassland and a varied planting scheme along with various plans to support wildlife.
- Green energy being supplied into the local grid network to contribute to the aim of the UK producing net zero carbon emissions by 2050.