The Team & Focus of the Role
We have a new opportunity for a Building Manager to join on site with our client to look after their newly constructed landmark building for them.
You would be responsible for overseeing the safety and maintenance of the designated building and ensuring that the building complies with all applicable regulations. Recommending and coordinating improvements to the building as needed to ensure a safe, functional and appealing space and ensuring all activities meet with and integrate with requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
You will also manage the building and tenants in line with our management agreement with our client and the lease terms of individuals tenants and are expected to be familiar with these.
This role would be on a full-time basis (37.5 hours) and located within London’s West End.
Duties will include:
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the designated building and staff located at the site
- To set the scope and specifications for the cleaning and security requirements and to ensure these are maintained through audits and SLA’s
- Carrying out regular site and Health & Safety inspections
- Preparing the initial draft service charge budgets in line with RICS Code of Practice for the building for approval by Fisher German
- Maintaining excellent landlord/tenant relationships and ensuring all services are as required by the respective leases and maintained to the highest possible standard
The successful candidate will have ...
- Previous experience managing a prestigious office building
- Excellent communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- High attention to detail
- Passionate about providing a great service to our clients
- Ideally experience of mobilising a new site and building a new team of contracted staff
- Ability to work as part of a team and also work as the sole Fisher German representative on site
- In addition, a working knowledge of building services would be an advantage
Why Fisher German?
We have a history going back as far as 1830 but have been Fisher German since 2000. We operate UK wide advising and managing a range of client portfolios with national visibility across all the six property market sectors; rural, commercial, development, residential, infrastructure services and sustainable energy.
We’ve been around for a while, but it doesn’t mean we are behind the times! Across our office network we are fully digital, embracing our current circumstances to keep our colleagues connected. As we gradually come out of lockdown, you can expect sporting events, pop-up bars, charity events, dress down days, BBQs, parties and CPD events. But in the meantime, you’ll still catch us networking on MS Teams, listening to live leadership updates on Zoom, holding socially distanced picnics in the park and enjoying a virtual quiz at the end of the week.
What’s not to love? We work hard but we also have lots of fun! If that sounds like something you would enjoy, then please apply for the opportunity, or reach out to our recruitment team.
Bring yourself to work
It’s simple really, we are passionate about what we do, and we want you to be driven to succeed with us. For this to happen, you need to feel supported and included which is why we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.