The Team & Focus of the Role
We’re looking for a Line Maintenance Technician to support our busy pipeline contract teams, ensuring the integrity and maintenance of our client’s cross-country apparatus, working to strict Health and Safety Guidelines. We provide professional services and advice to clients on matters relating to water, gas, electricity, fibre optics and oil.
You’ll be working within a team of experienced Pipeline Maintenance Technicians as well as the wider office and firm where applicable. Moreover, you’ll liaise with employees of the client and landowners/site contacts. The role involves a considerable amount of travel across the networks, for which a vehicle is supplied along with arrangements for when overnight stay is occasionally required.
Duties will include:
- Carry out all types of maintenance to ensure that the pipelines are adequately marked and recorded where necessary
- Report to line managers and carry out specific duties as required
- Attend and satisfactorily pass all training courses required. Some courses are industry specific and undertaken in strict accordance with HSE guidelines
- Carry out visual inspections of all apparatus to ensure pipeline integrity
- Fill out all documentation as required
- Supervise Third Parties (when trained) to ensure they accord to all of the relevant client specific and HSE safety procedures.
Please note, this is not an exhaustive list, and Line Maintenance Technicians will be required to undertake additional duties as required.
The successful candidate will have...
- Strong organisation skills to self-manage and work independently
- A practical and proactive mindset
- The ability to work under pressure to demanding deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to form effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
Why Fisher German?
We’ve been around for a while, but it doesn’t mean we are behind the times! Across our office network we offer a hybrid working approach to help our colleagues design their working day to suit their diaries. Some days you might be in the office enjoying a collaborative team day, and other days might see you focussing on project work at home. Wherever you choose to work, you’ll be part of a social and digitally connected workforce with the chance to get involved in a variety of activities, like sports events, pop-up bars, BBQs, CPD days, live leadership updates on Zoom, picnics in the park and lots more.
What’s not to love? We work hard but we also have lots of fun! If that sounds like something you would enjoy, then please get in touch.
We have a history going back as far as 1830 but have been Fisher German since 2000. We operate UK wide advising and managing a range of client portfolios with national visibility across all the 6-property market sectors; rural, commercial, development, residential, infrastructure services and sustainable energy
Bring Yourself to Work
It’s simple really, we are passionate about what we do, and we want you to be driven to succeed with us. For this to happen, you need to feel supported and included which is why we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.