The Team & Focus of the Role
Following recent successes in developing new work streams and increased workflows Fisher German is seeking an Energy & Sustainability Surveyor to join our close knit and client driven team.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a growing department within FG that has impressive expansion plans over the next few years.
Our client base is continually strengthening, and we are looking for passionate individuals who have a drive to deliver green energy and sustainability solutions for our clients.
We are looking for two individuals to join the team and are flexible in discussing different backgrounds and experience levels. Ideally the applicants will already have some experience or exposure to energy deals and/or sustainability in the built environment however we are open to speaking with individuals just starting out on their career or individuals from a different surveying discipline who would like to have a change of direction and have an interest in the field.
The roles are permanent full-time positions on the 37.5-hour contracts (Monday – Friday). However, we are open to discussion on hybrid working.
Duties will include:
Working closely with our clients on the following:
- Deals for new energy generation, grid balancing and reactive power schemes
- Renewable Energy Feasibility and Viability Assessments
- Asset Portfolio Reviews (energy performance)
- Carbon Audits and Energy Performance Modelling
- Energy Efficiency Design and Cost Solutions
- Carbon Offsetting
Other wider duties will include:
- Assisting the wider team as needed (job tendering, supporting reports for bids, networking, etc)
- Providing first class client service
- Assisting our wider departments with multi-disciplined pieces of work
The successful candidate will have ...
- General experience of energy projects (development and/or feasibility), sustainability within the built environment and current sustainability policy
- Experience in ESG strategy planning and reporting
- Knowledge of energy performance in buildings
- An understanding or direct experience of carbon emissions reporting
- Experience in commercial property/ property management would be advantageous#
- Knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation (desirable)
- Experience of financial modelling/ energy efficiency/ renewables investment (desirable)
- Commercial property surveying or investment experience (desirable)
- RICS Registered Valuer (desirable)
Why Fisher German?
We have a history going back as far as 1830 but have been Fisher German since 2000. We operate UK wide advising and managing a range of client portfolios with national visibility across all the six property market sectors; rural, commercial, development, residential, infrastructure services and sustainable energy.
We’ve been around for a while, but it doesn’t mean we are behind the times! Across our office network we are fully digital, embracing our current circumstances to keep our colleagues connected. As we gradually come out of lockdown, you can expect sporting events, pop-up bars, charity events, dress down days, BBQs, parties and CPD events. But in the meantime, you’ll still catch us networking on MS Teams, listening to live leadership updates on Zoom, holding socially distanced picnics in the park and enjoying a virtual quiz at the end of the week.
What’s not to love? We work hard but we also have lots of fun! If that sounds like something you would enjoy, then please apply for the opportunity, or reach out to our recruitment team.
Bring yourself to work
It’s simple really, we are passionate about what we do, and we want you to be driven to succeed with us. For this to happen, you need to feel supported and included which is why we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.