The Team & Focus of the Role
Would you like to join our established and award winning residential Development Agency team? We’re looking for new team member(s) with flexibility on location (across the Fisher German network of offices) to join us and help support and build the team in providing Development Agency services.
You will be working closely with colleagues to service existing instructions and develop new client relationships. The role will include working on a range of predominantly residential development projects providing advice on strategic land, agency, affordable housing and mixed-use development.
This is a permanent full-time position on the 37.5-hour contract (Monday – Friday). However, we encourage flexible working, and we are open to discussing agile working.
Duties will include (and will vary depending on experience)
- To assist with the design and implementation of business development initiatives
- Create strong, effective relationships with existing clients and other potential sources of business on behalf of Fisher German
- Lead on sourcing and securing new instructions, preparing fee proposals, preparing and attending pitches
- Site/Property evaluations including planning, technical and legal issues
- Dealing with advice on strategic land – advising on self-promotion or strategic agreements
- Dealing with the marketing and disposal of land and property with the benefit of planning permission or without
- Advising on the sale of land under option agreements, release of restrictive covenants, overage agreements etc
- Advising on affordable housing investment sales and associated advice
- Develop skills and knowledge of other members of the Development Agency team
- Prepare and monitor delivery of financial budgets
- Liaise and work closely with other departments in particular the planning, new homes and commercial agency teams to support them and refer work
The successful candidate will have ...
- Experience in one or more of planning and development, development agency, housebuilding or strategic land
- Great interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Good understanding of IT and Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time/work management
- Ability to work under pressure, plan and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of the market (planning and development)
- Contacts in development agency, housebuilding and strategic land
Why Fisher German?
We have a history going back as far as 1830 but have been Fisher German since 2000. We operate UK wide advising and managing a range of client portfolios with national visibility across all the six property market sectors; rural, commercial, development, residential, infrastructure services and sustainable energy.
We’ve been around for a while, but it doesn’t mean we are behind the times! Across our office network we are fully digital, embracing our current circumstances to keep our colleagues connected. As we gradually come out oflockdown, you can expect sporting events, pop-up bars, charity events, dress down days, BBQs, parties and CPD events. But in the meantime, you’ll still catch us networking on MS Teams, listening to live leadership updates on Zoom, holding socially distanced picnics in the park and enjoying a virtual quiz at the end of the week.
What’s not to love? We work hard but we also have lots of fun! If that sounds like something you would enjoy, then please apply for the opportunity, or reach out to our recruitment team.
Bring yourself to work
It’s simple really, we are passionate about what we do, and we want you to be driven to succeed with us. For this to happen, you need to feel supported and included which is why we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.