Why Fisher German?
We’ve been around for a while, but it doesn’t mean we are behind the times! Across our office network we are fully digital, embracing our current circumstances to keep our colleagues connected through the good times and the bad. When we’re not in lockdown, you can expect sporting events, pop-up bars, charity events, dress down days, BBQs, parties and CPD events. But in the meantime, you’ll still catch us networking on MS Teams, listening to live leadership updates on Zoom, holding socially distanced picnics in the park and enjoying a virtual quiz at the end of the week.
What’s not to love? We work hard but we also have lots of fun! If that sounds like something you would enjoy, then please read on.
We have a history going back as far as 1830 but have been Fisher German since 2000. We operate UK wide advising and managing a range of client portfolios with national visibility across all the 6-property market sectors; rural, commercial, development, residential, infrastructure services and sustainable energy.
You will be part of a dynamic Business Development & Communications team, working closely with its team members to ensure a consistent approach to communications, with a particular focus on social media and external engagement.
The ability to communicate creatively and build relationships with multiple stakeholders across the business and with external partners is essential for the role. As Social Media Officer, you will have experience working across different social media channels and have a real passion for engaging our communities in our business activities.
You will be the voice of Fisher German through our social media and ensure our output is aligned to our ‘OneFG’ approach and stringent brand guidelines. You will have the opportunity to create and deliver your own social media strategy, working closely with the Communications Manager to align key messaging across internal and external platforms and give external audiences a positive view of Fisher German, our work and our clients.
Duties will include:
- Administer the firm’s central social media accounts
- Formulate and deliver an integrated social media strategy, working closely with the Marketing Manager and Communications Manager to ensure consistency of brand and voice
- Work closely with stakeholders from across the business to generate creative content in line with our vision and values, using a range of methods including infographics and videos
- Ensure continuity and timeliness between the firm’s PR activity and social media content, building close and trusted relationships with our chosen suppliers
- Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition and Graduate teams to ensure vacancies are advertised appropriately and social media channels accurately reflect our employer brand approach
- Build strong relationships with Division and Department representatives to ensure output accurately reflects our business activities
- Be the in-house guru for social media guidance for the business and uphold quality standards across platforms. Provide training and support to colleagues on appropriate use of social media for business as required
- Provide a first line of support for any complaints raised through social media and ensure these are appropriately handled and passed to the Compliance team
- Build engagement across social media channels through quality, organic content. There may also be opportunities for some PPC campaigns as required
- Report on social media engagement and activity monthly and make recommendations on where we can improve
- Manage all published content and assets on social media, including images, videos, GIFs and written copy
- Hold responsibility for the firm’s image library and iStock account
- Research and recommend new approaches and trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Work with the wider Business Development & Communications team to provide copywriting and graphics support to ensure a ‘One FG’ approach.
The successful candidate will have ...
- 2+ years’ experience in a role where social media management is required
- A sound working knowledge Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo and their reporting mechanisms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent grasp of grammar and punctuation, with a minimum A-level equivalent in English Language / English Literature or similar subject
- Confident using the Adobe suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Rush and/or Premiere Pro
- Self-starter, with a willingness to get involved in a variety of projects
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Creative and confident communicator and content generator who is willing to share their ideas and try new approaches.
- Strong desire and focus to deliver added value
- Team player
- Experience working in the property sector or a multi-sector/multi-market organisation
- A relevant communications or marketing qualification would be beneficial but not essential
So, what next?
Want to apply? Please email your cv using the form on this page.
Here at Fisher German we actively Pioneer to launch and develop new initiatives ahead of our competition. We have amazing teams who are Experts in their fields. Our people are empowered and Driven to deliver exceptional services to all our clients. What underpins all of this is the Trust shared between colleagues and clients alike.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer